How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Training Volume Changes?

Tools, tips, and experiences on tracking calories and macros.
titem
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2026 5:40 pm

How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Training Volume Changes?

Post by titem »

How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Training Volume Changes?
jiyap
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Training Volume Changes?

Post by jiyap »

I usually look at how much my overall training has changed before adjusting my macros
raroxe
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:41 pm

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Training Volume Changes?

Post by raroxe »

If my training volume increases I normally pay more attention to my total calories and carbohydrate intake
xidh
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2026 5:40 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Training Volume Changes?

Post by xidh »

I try not to make huge changes based on one hard workout because weekly activity matters more
mejihe
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2026 5:24 pm

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Training Volume Changes?

Post by mejihe »

When I increase my training days I may need more food to support recovery and energy
jiyap
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Training Volume Changes?

Post by jiyap »

I focus on calories first then protein and finally adjust carbs and fats based on training demands and my overall goal
petor
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2026 6:59 pm

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Training Volume Changes?

Post by petor »

For me the best approach is to match nutrition changes to sustained changes in training rather than reacting to short term fluctuations
reyan treh
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2026 7:08 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Training Volume Changes?

Post by reyan treh »

I use my weekly training schedule rather than changing macros after every individual workout
mitim
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:13 am

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Training Volume Changes?

Post by mitim »

During fat loss I am more careful about adjusting calories because I still want enough nutrition to support training
sigigya
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2026 6:47 pm

Re: How Do You Adjust Macros When Your Training Volume Changes?

Post by sigigya »

I usually make one adjustment at a time rather than changing protein carbs and fats all together
Post Reply